Details of the Ride programme for the week 1st to 8th July 2017
Stage 1– Saturday 1st July: Symposium at IGBMC Strasbourg (discussion of the latest scientific research + sharing of experiences of daily family life) + barbecue and social. Departure of the first half-stage from Illkirch to Mittelwihr (72 km). The first 30 kilometres are open to all riders.
Stage 2 – Sunday 2nd July: Mittlewihr – Orschwihr – Mulhouse (87 km).
Stage 3 – Monday 3rd July: Mulhouse – Monbeliard – Guillon les Bains (116 km).
Stage 4 – Tuesday 4th July: Guillon les Bains – Osselle – Dole (102 km).
Stage 5 – Wedensday 5th July: Dole – Seurre – Chalon sur Saone (98 km).
Stage 6 – Thursday 6th July: Chalon sur Saone – Cormatin – Macon (74 km).
Stage 7 – Friday 7th July: Macon – Odenas – Lentilly (82 km).
Loops – Saturday 8th July: Lentilly, three loops of respectively 8, 56 and 80 km (including buffet lunch and various activities). We would like as many people as possible to take part, both able-bodied and disabled.
The eight kilometre loop will be designed for families, children and handicapped people.
The 80 kilometre loop will feature Kyle, Fabrice, William and our 50 other cyclists and will be intended for the more sporty riders as well as for cycle club members and everyone who feels up to the challenge. People will be able to go at their own speed while supporting our young participants and generally sharing the experience.
The 56 kilometre loop will fall between the two other loops.
This will be an occasion for great celebration to which we shall invite all our sick from all parts of France and Europe. We also hope to involve other associations for the handicapped including Handisport and APF. By having this joint celebration and sharing our respective experiences, we hope not only to have fun but to give each other mutual support.
For the events at Lentilly, we would hope to have ‘lie-flat’ tricycles available for those handicapped participants who would like to use them. We are looking for sponsors. The event could be of interest to the sick by helping them to discover new leisure activities. In addition to the bicycle stages, there will be opportunities for group discussion, the buffet lunch, various refreshment stands and some fun activities.
Overall, we have need of:
– Volunteers to help with the different stages and at Strasbourg on 1st and at Lentilly on 8th July;
– People willing to act as greeters in each of the ‘stage’ towns on the route;
– Financial support (which will be tax deductible up to 66%);
– Partners and Sponsors. For our part, we would undertake to publicise their businesses in the media, on our advertising banners, on our website and Facebook page, on flyers, at the various stopovers and, for our biggest sponsors, by means of their logos on our riders’ jerseys;
– Lie-flat tricycles and/or lie-flat tandems for use on the Saturday at Lentilly;
– Printers for our publicity material (flyers, banners);
All offers of help will be gratefully received. A big thank you to you all for your support and generosity.
THE ORGANISING COMMITTEE
- Anabella Saraiva : email@example.com ; 06 19 57 82 48
- Marie-Claire Joguet : firstname.lastname@example.org ;
- Françoise Piguet : email@example.com ; 06 38 61 88 90
- Hélène Puccio : firstname.lastname@example.org